As you may know, my daughter had been in the Challenge with me as well. She also has been doing the Pooch to 5k! This is her second week! I am so siked! I stated back up and went tonight with her. She did week 2 and I week 1! WOOTS!
Well to get to the bottom of this post, Sara has been having soreness in her knees and I have been massaging them with a Turmeric infusion Oil.
4 tbls of Tumeric
1cup of H2O
heat on stove at a med low heat and stir. I did this for a few hours. then I let cool. poured through a coffee filter into a jar, and BAM! Turmeric rub!!
Tonight her Knee was just killing her so i went off to the internet to find a remedy, knowing I had seen them before.
I found the Most awesome recipe on Young and Raw!!
1-2 tsp. of Turmeric Powder or
1 Oz Juiced Turmeric Root
1 cup coconut water OR
Mix into fresh vegetable juice made in your juicer (celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon is a great anti-inflammatory juice to mix your turmeric into)
Mix your turmeric powder or juiced turmeric root into 1 cup of coconut water (if you don’t have it you can use water). Or, you can take your turmeric and mix it into a fresh vegetable juice. Drink right away and you can do this multiple times per day.
Here is a picture of our Turmeric Juice ( we used H2O as we did not have Coconut water on hand)
Like Sheleana of Young and Raw.com, we did not love the taste but it was far better than eating medication! Always give yourself the chance of natural remedies. Your body will live (LOVE) you for it!
Here’s more about Turmeric and what it does for the body from Young and Raw.com
10 Rawesome Facts About Turmeric
1. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been proven to reduce pain symptoms and help chronic pain sufferers with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Turmeric has long been recognized for it’s healing powers by physicians and healers in the holistic community, however western medical professionals are only just starting to learn about turmerics charms. perhaps the inability to patent nature has something to do with this slow learning curve?
3. If you suffer from acne, turmeric is not only helpful taken internally but you can also use it externally by making a turmeric paste. Put on your face or other areas of the skin for 20 minutes or overnight to reduce inflammation and clear up a break out. Keep in mind this might turn your skin orange so dont do this before a special event.
4. Turmeric root can be juiced and used as a pain reliever. Only a small amount is needed to do the trick.
5. Even chronic sufferers of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can experience relief by using turmeric on a frequent basis. Use it raw for best results by sprinkling it on salads and raw dishes as well as mixing it into fresh vegetable juices & coconut water.
6. Clean cuts and wounds with turmeric, it’s a natural anti-septic and anti-bacterial.
7. Turmeric has high amounts of anti-oxidants that fight cancer causing free radicals, keeping your immune system strong. If you have a cold or flu, turmeric is one of the best things you can do to speed up recovery.
8. Even chronic skin conditions like psoriasis can be helped with turmeric. for a healthy skin regimen, make a turmeric cocktail every day for 2 weeks accompanied by fresh raw foods, juices and green smoothies.
9. Using turmeric in your daily or weekly regimen will help you recover from yoga and workouts faster by reducing inflammation and easing sore muscles.
10. Turmeric also contains good amounts of iron and other minerals so use it as a blood builder.
Whilst I was away I found an AWESOME Ginger Turmeric Tea on Facebook! Click on the Pic and it will bring you right to it!!
See Linda Wagner’s Page for more Awesome stuff!
Here’s to Your Finest Life!
- Turmeric Helps Conquer Arthritic Inflammation (greenprophet.com)
- Turmeric extract puts drugs for knee osteoarthritis to shame (sott.net)
- Turmeric useful in treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease (eatyourmedicine.wordpress.com)
- New Study: Turmeric Extract Puts Drugs to Shame (organicready.org)
- Whiten teeth safely with turmeric (jtm71.wordpress.com)
- Tumeric for Heart Disease (365daystoendingheartdisease.wordpress.com)
- Natural Pain Relievers for Arthritis (massageenvy.com)
- DIY Spa Treatment: Face Brightening Mask (bellasugar.com)
- Top 10 Herbs You Should Have On Your Medicine Cabinet (iwillleavethekey.wordpress.com)
- Pregnancy Foot Care | Alleviating Pain | BabyZone (babyzone.com)